Thursday 26 July 2007

Day Twenty-Eight - Lord North Street, SW1



This morning was taken up by a meeting at Horseferry Road Magistrates' Court, so I had a different last leg of the commute than usual, going from Victoria Station to Westminster tube and then walking back to the Court via the Houses of Parliament. I took a nice picture of the statue of Oliver Cromwell which I was planning to share with you until I spotted this, cutting down Lord North Street. On the wall of one of the beautiful early eighteenth-century terraced houses - mostly owned by MPs and other excessively rich people - was this faded sign for an air-raid shelter, somehow preserved for the last sixty years. So now I know where to go when the bomb finally drops.

On the discman today: AM - Ground Zero Consume Red PM - Herbie Hancock Fat Albert Rotunda

No comments: