Friday 31 August 2007

Day Fifty-One - Petty France, SW1



Petty France - the road on which my office is situated - along with several other roads in the vicinity of Wellington Barracks was cordoned off to traffic today so that two posh boys and all their posh friends (except wicked stepmother) could remember their Mum, who (apparently) died in an accident ten years ago. It seems she wasn't the brightest bulb in the box, as shown by the fact that she didn't put her seatbelt on when her drunk chauffeur drove her and her lover at speed through Paris at night.

For some reason this requires concrete barriers to be put up all around somewhere which is always full of soldiers, many of them with guns. At least they didn't try to check my bag, else I might have been a bit annoyed.

On the discman today: AM and PM - Photek Modus Operandi

1 comment:

Richard Pinnell said...

Heh. today someone with a television camera behind them stopped me in Oxford City Centre and asked if I could remember where I was when someone or other died ten years ago. I didn't need to say a word, I think they took one look at my sneer and went and asked somone else. Now if it had been live....