Wednesday 17 October 2007

Day Seventy-Seven - where SW2, SW12 and SW16 meet



On the map it's hard to tell exactly which area I was in as the train line flits between the three in a very short distance.

Today's hexagram was 29, Repeating The Gorge. "This is a time of danger that you must confront. Take the risk without holding back. You cannot avoid the obstacle. It will repeat itself again and again. Practice, train, accustom yourself to the danger...you have a connection to the spirits and they will help you...a danger confronted is both a accomplishment and a defence. Now is the time to concentrate and take risks."

Well, I didn't narrowly escape death on the way in, or home. This one puzzles me. What is the danger? Something tangible, or my attitude towards something? I decided to look at the hidden possibility, the inner hexagram using lines 2-5 of the original. This is 27, Jaws, and suggests that "Confronting danger and taking risks contain the hidden possibility of providing nourishment for yourself and others". This chimes with my longer term plans, as they certainly are a danger - giving up my safe job and going to the other side of the world. And the book I was reading on the way to work is about Australia...

On the discman today: AM - Francois Tetaz Wolf Creek OST PM - Tisha Mukarji Miscellaneous Recordings from 2005 (show 20 - scroll down)

No comments: