Tuesday 4 September 2007

Day Fifty-Three - Strand, WC2



No tubes from Strand station today, but that's not because of the strike - it's because it has been closed since 1994 (not to mention not having been called "Strand" since 1917). Given it's weird appendix-like relation to the Piccadilly Line I'm surprised it stayed open as long as it did - trains seemed to serve it about once a fortnight and by the time you'd gone down in the lift and waited an age you might as well have walked up Kingsway to Holborn.

I was walking up The Strand this morning as I was on my way to a meeting in the Gothic labyrinth that is the Royal Courts of Justice. In our meeting room I found a sign which summed up the place so well I had to take a picture (expressly forbidden by the security guard who frisked me) and you can see it here.

On the discman today: AM - Art Bears Live At The RIO Festival, Milan, 1 May 1979 PM - Werner Dafeldecker and Boris D Hegenbart Eis 9

No comments: